Why apply for the equivalence certificate?

The Higher Education Council (HEC) of Rwanda requires anyone, intending to pursue tertiary education in Rwanda, to obtain the equivalence certificate if they hold an Advanced Level secondary school certificate not issued by the National Examination and School Inspection Authority (NESA) of Rwanda - previously known as the  Rwanda Education Board (REB) or the Workforce Development Authority (WDA).

Thus, prospective ALU students with such secondary school certificates must apply, obtain and upload their equivalence certificate in their Admissions Portal to receive an unconditional admission offer and be eligible to enrol, provided that they have met other requirements for unconditional admission.

Was this article helpful?
67 out of 78 found this helpful



Please sign in to leave a comment.