Entering the Country
To attend ALU Rwanda, all non-Rwanda residents must obtain a visa on arrival in order to enter the country of Rwanda.
Click here to see requirements for visa on arrival. Requirements differ based on the passport you hold so please read carefully!
If you are required to apply for a visa, the visa fee is $30.
Please note: In order to process your visa application, you should have a passport that is valid for at least 6 months past your program start date. If you do not already have a passport, we encourage you to apply for one now.
Applying for Your N1 Student Pass
Once you are on the ground, have successfully completed matriculation, and obtained equivalence, we will help you apply for your student visa.
Visit this website to see all the details and requirements to successfully apply for your student visa. You are required to bring original hard copies of the following documents with you to campus:
- A completed Application Form
- Original Police clearance from the country you have lived for the past 6 months
- This should be in English or French. If it has to be translated, it should be notarized by a certified government body. This process differs depending on the country but in general, you will need to visit a police station near you to confirm you have no criminal records. This process takes anything from a few days to 6 weeks depending on the country. We recommend that you start this process as soon as possible.
- Admissions Letter provided by ALU
- This letter will be created for you and available for download in the Tuition and Arrival sections of the portal.
- Your Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
- Your international passport
- This must be valid for at least 6 months from your date of entry.
The student visa you receive is valid for only one year. This means you will have to apply for a new student visa every year—so keep track of your visa expiration date!
Note: It is your responsibility to pay the 20,000rwf (Rwandan Francs) cost for the student visa.