In our How does the ALU Presidential Grant work? help article, we tell you everything you need to know about our grant offering this year.
However, you may have some questions about what kind of documents you can submit in your ALU Presidential Grant application to be considered for the grant.
The primary documents we ask for are:
- 2 most recent payslips/pay stubs for each household earner
- Bank statements for each household earner (must include bank seal and cover the last 3 months)
However, we understand that some students do not have access to the documents written above. If you do not have either of these documents exactly as requested, you have the following options:
- If you have an older bank statement, please upload that now. Your bank statement cannot be older than 6 months. Submit this old bank statement in the bank statement upload field.
- If you have trouble getting a payslip/pay stub for either of your employed parents/guardians, please ask your parents to submit a letter from their manager to confirm salary. Submit this letter in place of the payslip/paystub.
- If your parents/guardians do not have bank statements or payslips/pay stubs and are unemployed/informally employed, please ask them to submit a letter attesting to their income level. Submit this letter in place of the payslip/paystub.
- If your parents/guardians are not able to draft this letter, please provide a letter from your secondary school or a well-known community member attesting your income level. Submit this letter in place of the payslip/paystub.
- If you use other forms of payment such as M-Pesa or Ecocash, please submit screenshots of these transactions or account statements. Submit these screenshots in the bank statement upload field.
We hope that this empowers you to attain the documents required to verify your financial circumstance and submit your ALU Presidential Grant application.
Disclaimer: Please remember, at ALU, we hold ourselves to the highest standard of ethical entrepreneurial leadership. We encourage and expect accuracy, honesty, and integrity in the submission of financial aid application documents. If any documents submitted by a student are discovered to be forged, false, or exaggerated, that student will forfeit all financial aid opportunities and potentially their offer of admission to ALU.