Due to our postponement to a January 2021 start date for our incoming 2020 cohort, we ask that you press pause on your visa application process. The Mauritius Passport and Immigration Office will not accept documents older than September 2020 for a January academic start date. If you have already submitted your documents, unfortunately, you will have to obtain new documents and re-submit on the portal. We will communicate with you when to restart this process.
To attend ALC Mauritius, you must have a student visa (also known as an entry permit) in order to be allowed on the island.
Good news! We will assist you in applying for and attaining your temporary visa, all you have to do is follow the 3 easy steps.
Meet Joshila, your very own Immigration Support Associate here at ALC Mauritius, who explains the process to you in this short video!
Please note: In order to process your visa application, you must have a passport that is valid for the full duration of your studies. If you do not already have a passport, we encourage you to apply for one now.
Once more, here is the 3-step process to apply for your visa to attend ALC Mauritius:
- Upload scans of your documents on the portal. We will review these documents and issue pre-approval.
- After receiving pre-approval, send hard copies of your documents by mail to ALC.
- Verification and approval. Once received, we will approve your documents and apply for the visa on your behalf to the Passport and Immigration Office (PIO) in Mauritius.
Due to our postponement to a January 2021 start date for our incoming 2020 cohort, the key dates are yet to be decided.
The Mauritius Passport and Immigration Office will accept documents no older than September, so we encourage you not to restart your visa process until that time.
Here is the list of documents you must first upload to the portal and later submit hard copies of via mail (also listed on your portal):
- Your Passport Scan - Please upload a scan of the biodata page of your passport. Your passport must be valid for the duration of your studies with more than 2 blank pages.
- Visa Application form - Please fill, sign, and upload the application form to enter Mauritius
- ALC Acceptance Letter - Please fill and sign the ALC Acceptance Letter to confirm that you plan to attend ALC and are eligible for a student visa.
- A scan of your passport-sized photograph (you must have 2) - For photo size requirements, please click here.
- Medical Check - Please submit a doctor’s report with results of medical checks for HIV, Hepatitis B surface agent and Chest X-Ray. This is submitted to the PIO and is not used by ALC. This must be dated no earlier older than September 2020.
- Financial Documents - As part of your visa application, you also need to provide proof of sponsorship during your studies such as scholarship letters or bank statements for family members or guardians.
After we verify your hard copy documents and submit them to the Passport and Immigration Office in Mauritius (a government regulatory body), it can take up to 4 weeks to receive your entry permit.
At that point, the evaluation of your visa application is solely determined by the government body. Unfortunately, we are unable to guarantee that they will issue you an entry permit.
We will provide updates on the status of your entry permit and notify you when a decision has been reached!