Yes, you can opt-out of the meal plan at ALC Mauritius.
The residences have 2 kitchens that you may use to cook your food. However, please be aware that there may be limited access to local markets to supply food.
NOTE: For students who choose to opt-out of the meal plan the following conditions apply:
- All opt-out students will be provided locker space to store their food. The maintenance of these lockers is the responsibility of the student.
- Students may not make use of any of ALC’s meal plans.
- Students must be responsible for their own kitchenware and utensils.
- Students will not be allowed to use kitchenware or utensils from the ALC main kitchen.
- Maintenance of the kitchens and personal utensils is the responsibility of the student. The ALC Catering Committee will ensure that standards of cleanliness are upheld.