What is equivalency? (ALU Rwanda only)

All admitted students who attended their general education outside Rwanda and/or are non-residents of Rwanda must apply for the equivalency certificate from Rwanda Education Board. 

What does this mean?

As a student, you need to demonstrate that your current qualifications (local or international) meet the standards of the Rwanda General Education.

If you are an international student, please note that you can only apply for equivalence once you are on the ground in Rwanda.

Good news is that the government has made this process very easy!

Visit the official IREMBO website, where you will see all the information that you would be required to provide. All the documents you are required to bring must be original copies. Ensure that you make enough time for yourself to request any documents from your previous institutions.

Once REB receives the application they will review it and notify you of their decision. 

This equivalency certificate is necessary to attend ALU Rwanda.

Was this article helpful?
8 out of 8 found this helpful



Please sign in to leave a comment.