Parent orientation runs in parallel with the first week of student orientation, and is designed to give parents an overview of ALU. Parent orientation is optional, but we do encourage parents to attend if it is possible for them.
Parent orientation will take place 11-12 September at ALU Rwanda, and 11-15 September at ALC Mauritius.
Below is a sample of events for the 2017 parent orientations in ALU Rwanda and ALC Mauritius:
- Tour of campus and student residences
- Meeting with Head of College
- Overview of our learning model and academics
- Introduction to the Income Sharing Agreement (ISA)
- Orientation on Student Wellness and Safety
- Presentation by the Career Development Team
- ALU Simulation class
- Parent Ambassador Presentation