In Rwanda, the study visa is referred to as a study pass. To receive a study pass, you must bring the following documents with you to Rwanda:
- One coloured passport size photo with white background recently taken without glasses, caps and scarf. The photo should be attached to the application form by use of glue stick. Stapling and clipping the photo to the application form is not advisable.
- Original Police Clearance from the country you have lived for the last 6 months
- $15 (USD) application fee (this is in addition to the $30 entry fee, if applicable)
ALU will assist you with the following documents to complete your study pass application when you are in Kigali:
- Details to complete your Study pass application form e.g. address
- How to write an application letter addressed to the Director General of Immigration and Emigration.
- School admission letter
Once a study pass application is submitted, it typically takes 3-5 days to issue the study pass.