When to start the visa application process to study in Rwanda depends on your nationality. The first step is determining whether you will need to apply for an entry visa. Please apply for the entry visa at least one month before travelling to Rwanda to give enough time for the processing of your documents.
Please use the information below to determine if you need an entry visa to Rwanda.
- Nationalities that do not require entry visas to Rwanda:
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Hong Kong
- South Sudan
- Nationalities who need an entry visa upon arrival:
(Students must pay $30 at the airport and carry an invitation letter from ALU)
- New Zealand
- Republic of South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- All other African countries
- Nationalities that require an online entry visa:
- All other non-African countries